Passing by a drainage ditch. I've been wanting to stop and get a picture of the wild phlox along this drainage ditch/stream and so this morning on my way to work I saw the sun shining on the flowers and they looked so pretty. I hopped out of my car and waded through sopping wet grass to get a better view. My sandals fell off in the mud and my pants were completely soaked. . My reward--surprise, surprise! A muskrat was swimming and a mother duck had her babies out for a morning swim. It was a lovely sight to start the day. On the way to work I cranked the heater up to dry off a little. Friday, May 15, 2009
Day 135 May 15
Passing by a drainage ditch. I've been wanting to stop and get a picture of the wild phlox along this drainage ditch/stream and so this morning on my way to work I saw the sun shining on the flowers and they looked so pretty. I hopped out of my car and waded through sopping wet grass to get a better view. My sandals fell off in the mud and my pants were completely soaked. . My reward--surprise, surprise! A muskrat was swimming and a mother duck had her babies out for a morning swim. It was a lovely sight to start the day. On the way to work I cranked the heater up to dry off a little.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ahhh Susie, you're so dedicated to getting the shot...and the rest of us benefit. This is beautiful.
ReplyDeletebeautiful - really beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSusan, just like the post office - neither mud, wet grass, soaked pants, lost sandals will stop you from getting that beautiful shot. Sounds like a great start to a morning.
ReplyDeleteWow, so beautiful! I love those flowers, the color is wonderful. Hard work to be a photographer sometimes, hu? =)
ReplyDeleteSusie, Glad you're getting in some practice for tracking the best shot of the moose, big horn sheep, rattlesnakes, bears, etc that you are bound to see this summer. :)
ReplyDeleteThis photo is just stunning!
ReplyDeletetake care
Hugs Susie