Sunday, January 24, 2010

January 24 Stamps


Mari and I went to a local coin and stamp show today, although neither one of us collect them.  We went mostly to look at the artwork of international coins and stamps.  Once there, however, it was hard to resist all the stamps related to history and different cultural features.   I bought some stamps from Japan and Mari bought a variety, including the ones above celebrating British Fairs.  At home, Mari set up a "stamp viewing" area with magnifying glass and lighting.  We really enjoyed looking at our purchases and seeing some of the history and culture that they show. 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time!! Lovely photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fun to see what others collect - Lovely artwork in that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the two of you had fun. Great pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to collect stamps and it is so much fun just to look at the designs and learn about the different cultures. What a wonderful time to share.

    ReplyDelete