Sunday, February 8, 2009

Day 39 February 8

Three important things happened today. First, a flock of robin birds landed in our crabapple tree early in the morning when it was too dark to get a picture, but they disappeared as soon as they saw me and the cat, and they haven't been back to pose for my ever-ready camera (It was the cat's fault, I'm sure.). Secondly, while I was looking out of the window I saw the first daffodil bravely poking up to give us all hope that spring is on its way. I know it doesn't look like much in the picture, but it got the whole family to run over to the window, including my 11-year-old son, who doesn't even move away from his video games for food sometimes. You now know how much we are looking forward to warmer temperatures and green.
Thirdly, I gave into temptation and opened a three-pound bag of M & Ms that my sister sent to me. Yes, it is not a typo, it is three-pounds. So, I made M & M cookies, and now I am going to have someone hide that bag far, far away.

11 comments:

  1. Great photos! I could smell the spring air in your first photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it really seems spring is near - great pic! now you want me to have some m&m LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I love your spring photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved seeing the daffodils and crocuses sprouting when I lived in the north. It's too hot here for them.

    The cookies look delicious. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting to see the daffodils and the promise of spring to come.
    I would love one of those cookies right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful, not too long to wait for the warmer weather. A great photo, I remember that happening when I lived in Boston and how excited I was.
    http://mollyandcoffee.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring is coming, you must be happy about that. Those cookies look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My experience is that it is impossible to not like M&Ms. I bet they are calling you no matter how far away they are. Great pics again. That daffy sprout pic could be labeled Hope.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susie, I'm so envious that you can even see the ground, much less daffys coming up! Those cookies are making my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your M&M cookie picture would make a fabulous jigsaw puzzle.

    let me know if you need an agent...I read a google blog about how to be an agent, persistence and bossiness are key so obviously I'd be a natural.

    ReplyDelete