Michael Jackson. I was saddened today to hear that Michael Jackson died. I grew up listening to his music when he was just a boy in the 1970s. I remember living in Japan in the 1980s when Thriller album came out and thinking, Wow! This is such great music and what a dancer! Everywhere I went in Japan at that time, Michael Jackson was on posters and tv. I watched his moonwalk dance for the first time on tv and like millions tried to imitate it, but never successfully. Unfortunately, Michael Jackson's life ended up so tragic, but I will always appreciate his music and dance.
Another icon from my younger days, Farrah Fawcett passed away today. When I was in high school she was the American Beauty whose poster was on everybody's wall--at least the boys' walls. It was hard to find a girl who didn't have their hair layered at that time like hers, including myself with a do-it-yourself chop, chop job. I still have all those layers and it's been over 30 years. I am very sorry today at the passing of these two performers.
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Day 176 June 25
Michael Jackson. I was saddened today to hear that Michael Jackson died. I grew up listening to his music when he was just a boy in the 1970s. I remember living in Japan in the 1980s when Thriller album came out and thinking, Wow! This is such great music and what a dancer! Everywhere I went in Japan at that time, Michael Jackson was on posters and tv. I watched his moonwalk dance for the first time on tv and like millions tried to imitate it, but never successfully. Unfortunately, Michael Jackson's life ended up so tragic, but I will always appreciate his music and dance.
Another icon from my younger days, Farrah Fawcett passed away today. When I was in high school she was the American Beauty whose poster was on everybody's wall--at least the boys' walls. It was hard to find a girl who didn't have their hair layered at that time like hers, including myself with a do-it-yourself chop, chop job. I still have all those layers and it's been over 30 years. I am very sorry today at the passing of these two performers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment