Kenny and his cello headed off for seventh grade today. I can see a lot of enthusiasm in his sleepy eyes. It was very tough for him to get up at 7:00 a.m. when you've been sleeping in most of the summer until 10:00 or 11:00. School starts so early now-- the pools are still open, the days are hot--who wants to go back to school so soon? Not Kenny, for sure.
However, his pre-algebra teacher had them write their expectations for 7th grade and Kenny wrote to get all A's, without any B's. I think those summer lessons with Mari have paid off in confidence. You go, Kenny!!
Monday, August 17, 2009
August 13 First Day of School
Kenny and his cello headed off for seventh grade today. I can see a lot of enthusiasm in his sleepy eyes. It was very tough for him to get up at 7:00 a.m. when you've been sleeping in most of the summer until 10:00 or 11:00. School starts so early now-- the pools are still open, the days are hot--who wants to go back to school so soon? Not Kenny, for sure.
However, his pre-algebra teacher had them write their expectations for 7th grade and Kenny wrote to get all A's, without any B's. I think those summer lessons with Mari have paid off in confidence. You go, Kenny!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yea Kenny! Great goal setting! Please accept my condolences for having to go back to school already...summer sure goes by fast.
ReplyDelete