I've been taking pictures of various ornaments to put together a little book for Mari and Kenny telling about some of our favorite ornaments and where we got them or who made them. I couldn't resist these of their first Christmas ornaments. I also made a page of everyone's favorite ornaments that they selected. These ornaments don't include family made ornaments or picture ornaments.
This is the journaling from the scrapbook page:What would Christmas be without our tree sparkling and shiny with a collection of ornaments from nearly three decades? During the 1980s I started attending craft shows and collecting handmade ornaments. At the same time, many ornaments were being made in China and today it is difficult to find handmade ornaments made in the USA. Still, many of our ornaments are handmade as I've continued the tradition of collecting a few ornaments each year. Each year I've bought the Hallmark train ornament for Kenny and he has a nice variety of trains on the tree. Some ornaments we just like because they are beautiful like the floral, beaded ball from Eastern Europe Mari picked. Of course, Sadatoshi is partial to the Buffalo Bills football team and picked as one of his favorites the player that a friend made for us in the 80s in Buffalo, NY. He also likes the skating scene painted on a piece of slate, also from the 80s. Mari and I are partial to the finely crafted glass and ceramic. The pink humingbird is one of her favorites, and I like the ceramic heart made in Oregon that I bought in the early 90s. The ornament with the farm scene was painted by an artist in Indianapolis and is one of my favorites. Since he was little, Ken has liked musical instrument ornaments at Christmas, and he used to have a plastic trumpet that he put out every year. After it broke, we found a trombone and French horn to put out. The musical instruments always rest on the branches, they never hang.
No comments:
Post a Comment